Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Irish Hiking Scarf 11/14/05 - ?

I started the Irish Hiking Scarf last night. I'm using Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn in a charcoal color. It really shows the cables nicely. Now, let's see how long this sucker takes me to finish. Obviously my goal is Christmas, but with all the other stuff I want to do, and need to do before I fly home on December 22nd, I'm not sure if I'll make it. Conner's HP scarf is going to take a long time, once I figure out how to do that looped cast-on on technique, it's all knit stitches in the round from then on out but it's a long-ass scarf. Even for a kid. Of course, Conner is pretty much taller than my by now, even at 12, but still. *sigh* Thank God he's in Seattle where even if I don't finish it until February, it'll still come in handy for a little while. Better think of a back-up gift.

No comments: