Tuesday, December 19, 2006

V is for Vacation

V is for Vacation Wish I could take him with me. I leave at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow for home. It's that time of year. Tomorrow is also (as some of you have noticed) the one year anniversary of the day I quit smoking. I'm quite proud of myself. V is also for Vert. If you're french. If you aren't, just say "Green". I have a few FO's to show you. First up, is "Le Slouch" from Knit and Tonic. Le Slouch I started this last Thursday night and finished it Friday night. I've been wearing it everywhere ever since. Me likey. Jochibi - do you recognize the yarn I used? You should. It's the Malabrigo you gifted me in my 3rd SP package you sent. I finally found the perfect project for it! And I have enough left over that I could totally make another one, but I'll find a different project for it. In making this, I actually found an error in the pattern. I questioned Wendy about it and she confirmed it and immediately fixed the pdf. So if you downloaded this pattern before Saturday the 16th, it's wrong. Second up is the Black Bunny Fibers Feather and Fan Socks. Or my "Keuka Socks" as I like to think of them. Same colors as my alma mater. Keuka Socks 2 Toe: Magic Cast-on from Knitty.com Reverse Heel Flap from the Diamante Socks in the Fall 2006 Knitty Cuff - just your regular feather and fan. These socks were a trial. Y'all were here for their evolution, I'll not relive it. I hope to have only positive thoughts associated with these socks in the future. But I finished them the morning of the 10th. Not a good day for me. So that's why I'm calling them my Keuka socks. I loved my Alma Mater and the time I spent there. The green and gold. Our symbol was an acorn, and our mascot a warrior. I always thought of that warrior as a squirrel dressed in knights armor. Seemed appropriate. Heh. I'll try to post tomorrow when I get to the great white north. I do have W and X to do before Friday.

26 comments:

roxy =^o^= said...

SO much fabulous green!

You look all ready to have a monster good time :)


*hugs*

Love ya,
~A

Zonda said...

Ahhh! Now I know what to use my Malabrigo for!!! Don't worry, it's blue!! ;) Great job on the Le Slouch! The socks look awesome! Glad you perservered and finished them. Take care! Have a good time! Happy Quit Smoking Anniversary...Good for you! :) (hugs)

Ceallach said...

Lovely! I likee the sockees, and I may have to try the reverse hell flap thingee!

My school mascot was the Minuteman.....I always wondered how the boys could stand having their er performacne time made public like that......heheheh

DH was the fighting Banana slug.....strikes fear into your heart don' it?

ZantiMissKnit said...

YAY for FOs!! I have one skein of Citrus Malabrigo that may need a Le Slouch -- thanks for turning me on to that!

Have fun on vacation, happy holidays and all that!

Anonymous said...

Hey that slouchy hat looks pretty nice! I love the Malabrigo colors, I've been wanting to get my hands on some of that goodness. Have a relaxing vacation and a Merry Christmas!

Sourire11 said...

Your socks turned out great!!!! Love the idea of the warrior squirrel - I think I may have one of those in my back yard...Have a wonderful and relaxing vacation!

ayla said...

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I should do a thing like that, i quit almost four years ago (perhaps five? I can't keep track).

Brena said...

Happy Non-smoking anniversary. Your alma mater socks are awesome. I like the shoes you're wearing with them too. ;) Have a great vacation.

lekkercraft said...

congrats on your one-year! I love your green
Le Slouch and socks. Have a great trip!

LadyLungDoc said...

Congrats on your non-smoking anniversary. Hmmm, I wonder how much malabrigo I'll have left over from my toque...

Ali said...

Absolutely 100% proud of your one-year quit date!!! I hope you have a good time at your family's. Post and let us know how you are. :)

Bezzie said...

Darn Black Bunny for not having more green and gold yarn. :-(

Have a good time up north!

Love the Le Slouche--did you fit all your hair in there? Pretty cool!

Oh and V works if you're green and Spanish too--verde!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on quitting smoking!!! Be proud of yourself, I know first hand it's difficult.
HAve a great Christmas & Happy New Year!

Erica said...

Woot! Hooray for no smoking! On the one year anniversary of my mom's quitting, we took her out for a buffet brunch and told her we'd rather have her "fat than dead". ;->

Honey, you need a new picture in your profile. You look SO much better than that picture!

Love all the green! Hmm...How much yardage did it take for Le Slouch? I may need to make me one; it's been eons since I've worn a beret-type hat. Wait. Maybe there's a reason for that. Let me think about it.

Ceallach, did your DH happen to go to UC Santa Cruz, eh? Love them banana slugs!

Anonymous said...

Very nice - and it is so funny - even before I saw my name I thought to myself that the hat colours looked familiar! Have fun on vacation!

knitting-cat said...

Congrats on the anniversary.

You are one good looking chick, Those pictures are great.

Have a great trip and it isn't too white here

cpurl17 said...

Look at your gorgeous self in your super cool slouch! Have a great vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! The socks match the shoes! I have yet to accomplish that. :)

By the way, my quit date is 2 weeks from now - I'm totally freaking out. Congrats on the one year anniversary - I'm totally jealous, and I hope you don't mind if I use you as a hero while I try to quit. Again. Eeek!

Have a wonderful vacation!

Rain said...

That's a whole lot of green! I love the socks, they were worth the trouble because they look fantastic.

Have a lovely trip.

Anonymous said...

they are Fabulous sockies! and lordy they look cool in those shoes.

very lovely hat as well.

Annie said...

Dang, those are some cool socks! Nice work.

Jacque said...

Okay TG, I want that hat...I mean it you should send it right away...Just teasing, but it is divine and in one of my fave colors. I guess I'll have to add it to my to do list. And the socks...You sock people are really making me want to re-think the whole sock knitting aversion thing. Maybe I should give it another try. After all, everyone deserves a second chance, even socks I suppose.

weezalana said...

Congrats on your one-year smoke-free anniversary! (Hey, that rhymes!)

Oooo, love the green, 'scuse me, I mean verde FOs. Gorgeous!

weezalana said...

Er, I mean vert FOs.

Anonymous said...

Love your slouch! I made one a couple of days ago, and I LOVE it! I can't remember when I downloaded that pattern; I better check both versions, although if I came across the mistake, I glossed right over it!

Jane Prater said...

Love the hat and shrug. Socks are great. Now, truly, don't you think the socks with those shoes are just a little--oh, I don't know, slutty?

Am too stupid to do any of the things in the email you sent so will await your return to the great green South.