Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Historian

Wow - finally finished this book last night. I'd been reading a chapter or two at a time before bed, then the gas crunch hit and I spent the weekend reading on the patio. Besides, I think the choice of reading it before bedtime probably isn't the way to go. At least not once you get further into it. I have to say, for a first time novel, this really gets high marks. It's well written and intriguing. Girl did her homework. The Dracula legend is one that I think everyone, in some way, has heard and been either creeped out by or fascinated by. This gives something to each camp. I look forward to the next novel by this author. Next on the list - "Eldest" by Christopher Paolini, child prodigy who wrote "Eragon." I hope to finish it by the time my Nephew does. I'm not sure if he's even started it yet, but hey, if we finish at the same time, it's that much more of an actual conversation on the phone. You try and talk to an 11 year old.

No comments: