Monday, June 12, 2006

Tell Your God to Ready for Blood

And now for something completely different. I'm like a diamond. I have many different facets. One of them is the knitting side of me, the other is the Deadwood side of me. There are a few others, but none so big as those two. Last night was the premiere of the 3rd season of my all time favorite show, "Deadwood", on HBO. And what an episode it was. We saw nearly every character in the show in one episode. All but our dear Mr Wu. He'll be back soon though. Episode 3 apparently. We pick up 6 weeks after the end of Season 2. Alma and Ellsworth are back from their honeymoon and settling into a new home. Alma is having a rough pregnancy, and poor Ellsworth is doing his best to care for her and Sophia. Al healed up finally. I was getting sick of looking at his bruised and swollen face last year. So that's something. Looks like this season we'll be looking at E.B's bruised and swollen face instead. He finally got what was coming to him, though perhaps at a strange provocation, Seth still had at him pretty merrily. And Richardson! Oh Richardson is fast becoming one of my favorite characters. He doesn't run for a weapon, he runs for the Antlers. His love for Alma and his newfound religion have only strengthened. And Al, "Fucking Pagan, tell your God to ready for blood." Heh, so much going on this episode. I can't wait to soak it all in word for word. While Deadwood is airing this summer, you'll see Monday's blog entries dedicated to it. I'll stick with the regular content the rest of the week. Those of you that know me first from the HBO message boards are probably wondering about the scripts. Ron over at the HBO Fanclub donated a laptop so that I can get the scripts out quicker without having to handwrite them first. So here's hoping I can get it done and released tonight. I can't wait to get home and get it started! I'm not looking forward to transcribing the Cornish, but if they actually have that dialogue come up saying something other than "speaking cornish" I'll be good to go. As always, the scripts can be found at the usual place but new this year, will be announced first at the HBO fanclub. I won't be e-mailing them out anymore. The mailing list is long and it's a pain in the ass to maintain. So to the website with y'all.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Deadwood is my all time favorite show ever too!

But, alas, I have no HBO. So, tonight, when I go home, I have from Netflix, the first half of the second season awaiting me!

Oooh, I can't wait! A little spinning, some wine and Deadwood. What could be better.

Oh...I had to skim you blog post cause I didn't want any spoilers!

Stacey said...

Yah for another obsessed Deadwood fan! :) I'm so in love with this show, I'm kinda dying right now because I don't have HBO...here's hoping I'll get to see this episode before the week is up! :)

LadyLinoleum said...

You know, when Deadwood first aired I started watching it and for some reason didn't continue. I did that with The Wire too. Now I am watching The Wire on dvd and I love it. I am going to do the same with Deadwood. I will probably end up totally into it too. I am a huge HBO series fan.

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh Thank God. I thought I scared everyone off.

Rain said...

I've never seen it, but have heard it's really good.