Saturday, June 11, 2005

Day 4: Albuquerque to Scottsdale - the Home Stretch!

Another short driving day ahead of us, we get on the road early and head out of town. Just across the Arizona Border, we drive through the Petrified Forest National Park. We didn't do the drive through tour, but I was able to buy some cool jewlery in the gift shop. And I got a pic of one of the fallen trees outside of the visitors center. So, there's that anyway. Very cool. I got my friend a cross made out of petrified wood. I knew she'd be amused by that. Apparently petrified wood is over 180 million years old. And they're making crosses out of it. Heh. Anyways, we stopped at another really cool rest stop (several pics) south of Flagstaff. Some guy was just hanging out on a picnic table with his pet parrot. It was a beautiful bird, but one of the oddest sites I've ever seen at a rest stop. Or anywhere for that matter. We pulled into Scottsdale by 3:30pm. Sis's husband had made arrangements for us to stay at the Extended Stay there, once we found it. Let's just say, it's not the kind of place that you want to extend your stay. He was still staying at the Phoenician for one more night, so I got stuck at the Extended Stay while he and sis lived it up at the resort (15 pictures). Her husband came to stay at the Extended Stay on Sunday, they got me another room, and then woke me up first thing in the morning on Monday telling me to move my stuff out and into their room. They decided to go stay at the Westin for the rest of the week. I got the Extended stay for my last night. Fabulous. The Westin was nice though. We hung out by the pool for lunch, it was nice. Sunday afternoon, sis and I hit the mall. I got to experience my first half-yearly sale at Nordstrom. My credit card had a fabulous time! I found the same purse that sis has that I've been lusting over for several months now (along with it's matching wallet!) and some Born sandals for 40% off! I had much fun that day. We capped it off with Manicures and Pedicures. So nice... Monday we had all the paperwork and what not for the condo they were buying. That, and the walk through. It's a really nice place! But I only got pics of the outside, and they really don't tell much of a story. The paint job looked like it had been done by a five-year-old, so that night we went to Home Depot and picked out new colors. Their realtor hooked them up with a great painter, and he came at the end of the week and redid it all before they moved in. Sis came and picked me up at 7am on Tuesday (the 14th) and I spent the remainder of the day making my way back home. I finally opened the door of my apartment at 1am. I was so tired. But I managed to get to work before 9am, stayed until 5 (I normally work 8-4:30) and took a nice nap when I got home.

No comments: