Friday, April 21, 2006

Yarn Splurge - Oh No!

I was bad. Or good. Or, I dunno - indulgent? Eh, I was high off my Missing Tee success. What can I say? I splurged. 42106 Splurge Oh my. I stopped by my LYS after work, and was introduced to Blue Heron Yarns. Look at this pr0n: Blue Heron Yarns 2 Blue Heron Yarns Oh my. It's a Rayon/Metallic blend but oh, so - so - soft! It will be a shawl, I just don't know what pattern yet. And of course more sock yarn: Trekking XXL And some Brown Sheep Wildfoote in Rhapsody and Ragtime. But I simply could not come close to reality when taking their pic. I'll try in daylight. I promise. And I also hit the sale shelves: 6 Cascade Bollicine Dolly This is Cascade Bollicine Dolly. I got their last 6 skeins for 40% off. It's soft otthe touch, superwash 100% Merino. I shall have much fun with this I predict. Cascade Bollicine Dolly I also picked up a little something for my SPs final package. I know, I gotta get that sent. I've been in contact with her, but I've been keeping an eye peeled for more stuff and just couldn't be satisfied until I hit Charlotte Yarn one last time for her. She has no idea who I am, but perhaps a little turtle enclosed in the package will help clue her in?

9 comments:

Knittypants said...

Nice haul! You deserve it after making such a nice tee!

Rain said...

What gorgeous yarn. You always pick out such nice colours.

Bezzie said...

See since you depleted some of your stash with the tee--it all works out. That Blue Heron stuff looks magically softlicious!
But hey, did you notice--none of what you bought is green!!! ;-)

Pyewacket said...

That is soooo delicious. Thank you for the wanton display. *grin*

veritas said...

rahgh! *drools, while avoiding getting drool on the yarn*

preeetttyyy

Anonymous said...

What great yarn selections! The sock yarn looks yummy. You made me want to go visit my LYS. :)

sgeddes said...

Greetings from Raleigh. Your new yarn is beautiful. I love the photo of the Blue Heron and it's shine. I'm sure your shawl will be wonderful. great job on the Missing Tee - it looks great on you and Ripple.

Sssarahevt said...

ohhh, I love blue heron too! One of my LYS's has a whole bunch of colors and all I can think of is making a clapotis or something with it!!! It is sooooo yummy, I can't wait to see what you use it for!

String Bean said...

Great yarn choices! I love the Blue Heron! Yummy!

To your last comment about my humongous yarn order:

I got just as much yarn from my lys as I ordered from theknitter.com. Lawdy lawdy lawdy...when will she stop?

Kitty Pi is almost done.