Monday, May 29, 2006

I always hated playing tag

Especially when I'm it. Rain finally tagged me. Called me out on my avoidance techniques. I knew she'd been tagged on a few things lately, so I'll admit it, I avoided her blog for a bit, hopeing against hope I could play the "I didn't see it" card. Well, I saw it. So, here it is. My knitting bag. Y'all have met Agent Bagsmith before. But what's in him nowadays? Here he is at homebase. My dining room table that I bought at Fred's for all of $79. I love Fred's. I paid more for my swift and ball winder than I did for my table. Heh. Priorities. Agent Bagsmith So, in the bottom pocket, we have my reference pamphlets (which I have yet to actually use) measuring tapes (3!), bobbins and dental floss for lifelines. Bottom Pocket In the top pocket we have my Chibi collection (save the whales! Collect them all!) and my stitch markers. Top Pocket Of course, that's not all my stitch markers. Oh, no. Caboodle This is the best thing I never got around to throwing away. Thank God a caboodle product finally serves a useful purpose to me other than floor decoration under my bed. This was marketed as an earring holder. No no. I have a better use for it. In one side, my coilless safety pins and larger stitch markers: Side A In the other side, small stitch markers and point protectors Side B So, what all is crammed inside you ask? Inside Agent Bagsmith Well, we have the Best Foot Forward socks both in progress and on holders. Pattern book as well. The in progress one is my purse knitting during the week. Best Foot Forward Sock The Fortissima 1776 socks, needles awaiting stitches for the second. Fortissima 1776 Sock In the inner pockets we have Hand lotion, chapstick, a portable pen, clover wheel, and scrap yarn. Non-essential essentials Oh, more stitch markers. These from NoNoKitty. NoNoKitty Stitch markers And lingering on the bottom, always, my Knitter's Companion. Knitter's Companion Tucked into the inner pockets we have my pens and crochet hooks Pens and Crochet Hooks Scissors, ruler Scissors and Ruler Needles - I keep my dishcloth sized needles in here all the time (6s - 9s) and those big ones, I have no idea what they're doing in there. I put those back where they belong after this photo was taken. Needles Addis I put those addis back where they belong too: needle folder Which lives on the bottom shelf of my primary backup station. The office bookshelf. Bookshelf Needles on top of the shelf. Top Shelf The yarn closet. Where my project bags (empty) hang out, and also my sock yarn, miscellaneous yarns and beading materials linger. Yarn Closet Yarn Closet Floor And there you have it. But wait, I know you saw something in the first picture that probably peaked your curiosity. I restarted Clapotis. AmyKnitty actually commented on my blog the other day(!) and suggested that the Blue Heron Rayon/Metallic would make a beautiful Clap. She was so right. Blue Heron Rayon/Metallic Tulip Clapotis So now I must tag 3 people and tell them to go take some pics. So, ok then. Of you go Zonda, Bezzie and Pyewacket!

15 comments:

HPNY KNITS said...

a true Mary Poppins bag!! wow.
:-)

Zonda said...

Wow, some goodies in there!! Ok, so I take pics of my knitting bag...and um...what else...will have to wait until tues. though!! Dyeing dilemma's girl, dilemma's emergency order for sock yarn placed...OY!!

Zonda said...

BTW, she is soooo right that will be a beautiful Clap! :)

cpurl17 said...

Your bag is so well organized! And the Clapotis will be beautiful!

Rain said...

Oooooooooo such pretties. So when can I move in, you place looks like knitters' paradise. You look super organised.

Your Calpotis is going to be stunning, the yarn is so beautiful.

Mwahaha, you got Bezzie.

Bezzie said...

Dangit. I knew I shouldn't have laughed at Rain tagging you by name! D'oh! I'm kind of liking this bag voyeur thing though! Those stichmarkers are droolworthy! Nice!

Knittypants said...

Wow! I loved peeking into your knitting bag and yarn closet. So many pretties to look at and your organized, too. The colors in your Clapotis are gorgeous, it's gonna be beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Glad I saw this knitting bag. You have many more toys than I thought.

What do you need??

Your SP

turtlegirl76 said...

Uh...good question. Um...uhh...wow. I dunno.

Anonymous said...

bag schmag, straighten that damn picture on your wall ;)

turtlegirl76 said...

It would be a lot easier if I had a friend to eyeball it for me from far away. A-hem.

SoberHope said...

I'm just going to sit here and be envious of your stash, great bod and gorgeous hair. Don't mind me :D

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh, please, pull up a chair. And can I get you some visine? I don't want your eyes drying out from all the admiration. ;) Thank you.

buttercup said...

Green Gable is gaww-jus! Very flattering.

Those darn Caboodles bins always seem like a great idea when you're in the store, but then you get them home and they're completely useless. I'm glad you found a cool use for part of yours.

Pinkwool said...

Im with Asp. Crazy Cat Lady.... There is a reason I don't do self pics on my blog: I need to keep the very few readers that actually do read my blog.

The Clap is just GORGEOUS!!!