Saturday, November 26, 2005

Twas an Irish Day

So, after finishing the 4th trapped bar pattern repeat on the HP Scarf yesterday morning, I set it aside. I had full intentions of picking it back up in the evening and making progress on the next MC 48 row repeat. I never did. I got sucked into the Irish Hiking Scarf. I've finally mastered knitting and purling holding the yarn in my right hand properly and just kept going. It's a far more interesting pattern and I was enjoying myself. Now that I'm nearly halfway done the scarf, I know I need to pick the HP scarf back up and get it done. It's going to take a while, probably 2 more weeks if I work at the same pace I did this last week. I'm managing one pattern repeat in a 24 hour period. So basically 2 knitting days. I only have 2 more skeins of the claret color, and won't be able to do the full 13 pattern repeats (unless by some miracle I come across a couple skeins in the same dye lot) and that actually pleases me. I can't wait to be done with that thing. Even though it looks great, it's hella boring. Oh well.

No comments: