Thursday, November 09, 2006

Psst.

It's my Knit-blogiversary. I switched this here bloggy thing over to a knit blog one year ago today. Since everybody and their brother is having a blog contest for their blogiversary, and you know I hate jumping on bandwagons, I won't be doing that. But there are two people I'd like to thank for being with me since the beginning. Rain and Elisabeth. You see, I made my first knit-related post on November 9th, 2005. On November 10th, I got my first comment. It was Rain. On November 16th, I got my first bloglines subscriber. It was Elisabeth. I had no idea until I signed up for Bloglines myself this past July. Elisabeth was the first knit blogger that I put a button on my blog for. It started the whole pimping of the blog, and my stalking of so very many other bloggers. These two wonderful ladies are what got me blogging. Funny what one comment can do for a person. Every day that I post, I am constantly amazed that anyone out there even cares to read what I have to say. Much less respond. Or even keep coming back. And for that, I thank each and every single one of you. I can only hope the next year proves to be as fruitful for me. So Rain and Elisabeth, if you're out there reading this, please, e-mail me or PM me through the knittyboard with your address. I'd like to send you a little something as a thank you for being here for me since the beginning. And as you all know, eventually I cave to the whole bandwagon thing, so lets do this. Currently, I have 90 subscribers through bloglines, 43 of you are public. Once I get to 76 public subscribers (76 because I'm turtlegirl76 - ha ha - get it?) I'll have a drawing. The prize will be - what else - Koigu!! But since I'm selfish and won't part with any of my own stash, you get to pick out your very own colorway as available at Knit Happens. If you're overseas, we'll work something out. Don't you worry. So, if you haven't subscribed yet - do it! (just make sure it's a public subscription so I can see you) My blogstalking life totally changed when I found bloglines. So if you still go by bookmarks, get thee to bloglines and sign up! It's free! Drawing will happen as soon as I reach the magic number. ETA - Nope, Google Reader doesn't count. Unless one of you can figure out how I can see who is subscribed to me through it. Right now, I have a google reader account, and I did subscribe to my own blog, but still can't figure out who else is subscribed. So screw it. Bloglines only. Besides, it's what changed my blog-reading world so why not pimp it? And if you are already subscribed, but privately, you can change it by going to your feeds, click on my blog and in the upper right hand corner you'll see "edit subscription". You can go in there and change it in a drop down box from private to public.

23 comments:

Zonda said...

Happy Blogiversary!! Yes, the blogging life is fun. 1 year later and now look at you! :)

BTW-one day, I'll do bloglines, just too many to enter LOL!

AmyArtisan said...

Happy Blogiversary! Hope this next year is just as fun for you!

It was about one year ago that I began reading them & claimed my domain - but I didn't start my blog till 1/1.

roxy =^o^= said...

Happy Blogiversary sista!

*hug hug hug hug*


:D


Love ya!

Anne

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary, Cristi!!!

Hey, but what if some people are subscribed thru Google Reader? If they are, bloglines doesn't track those...

Bezzie said...

Happy Bloggiversary! And hey your Knittiversary was two days ago! Hooray for that too!!!

I subscribe thru Bloglines (just recently although I haunted you manually before) but I think I'm private. I don't know how to unprivatize myself.

String said...

I love bloglines, and I suscribe already. But i will be chacking in to be in that drawing ;)

Ali said...

Happy Blogiversary! The internets needed you, glad you came on board. :)

Love, Ali

Trillian42 said...

I may not have been there from the beginning, but you're stuck with me now! :D

Love you, babe!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I'm on bloglines but haven't figured it all out.

Awww.

My old school ways do me in again.

Stacey said...

Happy Blogiversary! :) I'm already a proud public subscriber and I wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Macoco said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm already a public subscriber. ;) Bloglines is such a great site - it's how I find knitting blogs I hadn't heard of before.

Helen said...

very cool! i have been subscribed for a while. never even seen who is subbed to mine. innerestin.

Batty said...

Congratulations! I've been meaning to subscribe to your blog but haven't been able to figure out how (go me...).

You rock!

Pinkwool said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I missed my own Blogiversary, can you believe that?

I love reading your blog and your kitty, knitty, and turtle-y adventures. You help keep this stay at home mom of a toddler and newborn sane. Lol And thank you to subscribing to my blog. Bloglines is wonderful!! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! We're glad to have you around! I'm looking forward to mine, it comes up in January.

sheep#100 said...

Happy Blogoversary, Copy Cat :o)

Hope you make it to your 76.

Knittypants said...

Happy Blogoversary!!

Jo said...

That is so cool - I never knew you could see who your subscribers are! Cristi - you were my first public subscriber!

knitting-cat said...

Now that was easy, as she presses the easy button.

Congratulations, this is much easier than me checking everyday!!

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Happy Blogbirthday! I've tried about a dozen times to go public and it didn't work. I guess I'll have to try a different browser. But I'm out here, count on it.
Sarah

Jo said...

I'm not sure what is going on here - my subscription to your blog is public, but I'm not on your list :(

Rain said...

Happy Bloggiversary! I had no idea that I made the first comment, that's really cool. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. I've really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing what you've been making. Here's to the next year!

Sourire11 said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!!

I love bloglines. Love it. It rocked my blogging world when I found out about it, too!