Friday, November 03, 2006

The Yarn Pr0n! (Doo do doooo)

Sockotta #05Pr0n, exciting and new Click a link, we're expecting you Pr0n, yarn's sweetest reward Check your stash, it looks back at you Yarn Pr0n! (doo do doo) Soon we'll be surfing around the ring The Yarn Pr0n! Fridays there's something for everyone Get a towel for your drool Your mind on a new fiber Yarn won't be blurred or fogged It's a close up fiber on a friendly blog Yes yarn... It's yarn... Yarn Pr0n! Soon we'll be surfing around the ring The Yarn Pr0n! Fridays there's something for everyone Get a towel for your drool Your mind on a new fiber Yarn won't blurred or fogged It's a close up fiber on a friendly blog It's yarn... It's yarn... It's yarn... It's the Yarn Pr0n It's the Yarn Pr0n Ok, now that's I've made you suffer through my lame re-write of The Love Boat Theme Song (apologies to Jack Jones) on with the pr0n. Lemme tell ya, I still haven't had a chance to thoroughly go through the manual yet, but just using the macro function, and a natural light setting, this camera is fan-freakin'-tastic. Wow. Well, on with the show. Just call me Julie. Above to your right, you see Sockotta Sock yarn that just screamed "It's fall, it's cold, and dammit, I look like autumn leaves. Buy me." So, I did. Heh. It's color #05. Below, you'll immediately recognize it as Koigu KPPPM. Koigu! KPPPM Scrummy, no? Who can resist the gold-flecked browns or the splashing colors of the sea? Who? Not me, that's for damn sure. And finally, Lorna's Laces in the color "Icehouse." Ooooh, baby. Is this some gorgeous stuff or what? See how it goes so well with the Koigu? Lorna's Laces Icehouse Now, if that yarn were water, would you not want to set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance? And with that, please don't shoot me. I could've chosen a worse song to be stuck in your head all day.

20 comments:

Rain said...

Wow, it's all so pretty. If you wake in the night and your door is open and your yarn gone - you know who's got it.

Bezzie said...

Quite honestly I didn't realize that was the Loveboat theme til you pointed it out. Thaaaanks!!! ;-)

I think you know which one of those was my favorite pron!

Annie said...

I immediately recognized it as the Love Boat! Well done. I love re-writing songs!!

Those photos are gorgeous! I have been eying Koigu PPPM, I need 5 skeins in complimentary colors for a shawl for my aunt!

I love the way you posted the photos- is that something you can do w/ Flickr when you pay for an account, or can cheapos like me do it, too??

Gorgeous photos. You've got the best pron on the web! ;)

Liz said...

Well, I hope you manage to get it out of your head ;-)

Nice yarn, that's got to make up for having the Love Boat in your head.

Sarah said...

Loverly!

(Too bad I have absolutely no memory of what the Love Boat theme sounds like in my head, but I liked it anyways!)

cpurl17 said...

I got the Love Boat theme right away...but I who can resist a cheesy TV sitcoms?

Thank you for the yarn cruise. The new camera rocks.

Avrienne said...

I don't actually know the Love Boat theme, so I won't have to kill you for getting it stuck in my head!

I am, however, suffering from Koigu jealousy, a chronic disease I contracted the first time I saw a completed Charlotte's Web shawl. I still haven't found an excuse to get my hands on any...

Donna said...

I'm glad to see that Lorna's Laces plays well with others! ;)

sgeddes said...

Now I'll be humming that song the rest of the day. Good work with the new camera.

Jo said...

Cristi,

You are having way too much fun with that camera!

Jo

Mamma said...

I knew there was a reason I loved you. I swear I bought that exact blue koigu, and lorna's laces icehouse earlier this year. The koigu became anastasia socks, the koigu simple sockettes. I love your picture.
*wanders away mumbling about resisting the sockotta

buttercup said...

I'm very jealous of the KPPPM. Stunningly yummy!

Grab your knitting and head to the lido deck... Issac is mixing up some super special cocktails!

hee hee!

Anonymous said...

*BANG* So, that's what the song was parodied after... I had no idea til I read it :)) then I had to read it again! Thanx a lot. So Yummmy... You did great with this weeks pr0n set. I need to get on the ball, I really do. The Koigu and LL are, as always, top notch yarns! Have fun knitting!

Mary, Mary... said...

Uh-oh, a Fuji Finepix monster has been unleashed in the yarnpr0n world. Better lock up your skeins and bolt the doors. Halloween looks like a treat. You know, I used to watch that show a LOT, right after FAMILY.

Zonda said...

giggle!! Totally awesome!! Love the song remake too!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I just wanted to say sorry for slacking on the pr0n this week - I've actually got a bunch of new stuff to put up, but something's gone horribly awry with my iWeb (the program I use to publish my blog entries), so I couldn't post anything today. I promise I'll make it up to you, and I'm sorry for being a slacker!!! I offer myself up to the yarnographer gods for my punishment. :)

Pyewacket said...

Glad you're enjoying your new toy! When you can see the halo, that's goooooood pr0n!

ZantiMissKnit said...

I did to figure out how to work with my Flickr photos the way you do. Do you have a paid account, or can you do all this with free Flickr?

soapy said...

Gorgoeus! WOW! I used to watch the Love baot all the time.....certainly brings back some memories!

Sourire11 said...

drool... that's some good yarn pr0n!

i so need to get my hands on some koigu.