Thursday, January 11, 2007

I've Hit the Big Time

I have me my very own real life stalker! DSCF0867 This is the wonderful Suanne. Isn't she cute? I had my usual Wednesday Night Knitting Group at the local Books-a-Million last night and we had 3 new members join us. Suanne was the first new arrival. "I recognize you from your blog!" Those were the words she greeted me with. "I've been stalking you. You're the first blog I've ever read." Quickly followed by reassurance that she doesn't mean to scare me or anything. Heh. Isn't she cute? DSCF0865 She also joined the Knitty Coffeeshop yesterday so if y'all see "Maman" (it's the French derivative of "Mother" not MaMa N or some retro way of greeting your friend "Ma Man!") give her a warm welcome and let her know that should I disappear from the blog world or the boards, you'll look at her first. Hee hee. And Suanne - apologies for not linking to every pattern I knit for my year end wrap up. I know I disappointed you greatly. But to placate you (Please ma'am may I have another?!), here's the Pinwheel Baby Blanket Pattern. And for the rest of you wondering what it is she's got in her hand that's so artfully cabled, it's the Endora baby blanket from Berroco. Her first cabled project! Yay! You wouldn't know it. It looks great. Yay for new members of knitting groups! If you aren't part of one, find one and join. If there isn't one you know of in your area, form one yourself. There are so many people out there in your area that you may never meet without taking the chance and getting yourself out there. And do show your face on your blog once in a while so new members know they've found the right place. ;^)

9 comments:

Zonda said...

Well....I hope that now you've hit the big time, you'll still talk to us lil' peeps! hehe!!

That is just too cool though! :)

Bezzie said...

Hee hee! That's funny!!!

So what does Ma Mere mean in French?

Anonymous said...

Awwww it looks like you all are having a blast.

Hugs!!!!!

Jessica said...

No fair, knitting groups with stalkers. I want a knitting group! :)

cpurl17 said...

Yay for cool knitty stalkers!!

ZantiMissKnit said...

Mmmmmm. . . yarn pr0n and kitty.

I don't think I have any stalkers yet. *sigh* Nobody has recognized me off my blog, but I've recognized others, so I guess I'm the stalker.

I'd totally chase you down the street if I recognized you, though.

Rain said...

No fair! I want a stalker too.

Anonymous said...

You're famous!

Anonymous said...

You have a stalker! I feel like I should say "Awww!" and then look worried...