Friday, January 12, 2007

Yarn Pr0n Friday II - Electric Boogaloo

Yeah, I know I've used the whole "electric boogaloo" thing before but hey, it's funny. Anyway, this last weekend, Tvini and I went on a road trip. You know what that means...SOUVENIR YARN! This is Hilo, Creatively Dyed for You in "Grape Vine" Hilo Admittedly, I see no grapevine in this per se, but it does remind me of the rolling hills of grape vines that all around the Finger Lakes in NY where I went to college. Particularly in the fall. This stuff is so soft too. Dianne from Yarns Forever also sells her hand dyes HERE. As she says on her blog, she's getting better at this. Not having seen her early stuff, I'd have to agree. The base of the yarn I bought is Kona Superwash. It's so soft! It reminds me of Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the softness to the touch. She uses other base yarns as well but I can't recall them off the top of my head. And yes, that first pic in the upper left hand corner - I fucked with the colors in my photo editing software. The others are more accurate, but that one gives you a really pr0nny feel. See? Feel the softness. 0701070037 Mmmm....sock yarn. Edited to fix the name of the dyer. Blame my mistake on Tvini.

19 comments:

Sourire11 said...

mmmmmm sock yarn. Those colors are georgous.

Happy Friday!

Bezzie said...

Freakin' gorgeous!

Is Ripple adding "yarn huffer" to his resume now (listed right below "soap licker")??

Zonda said...

Ha! Ripple the yarn tester, you know making sure it's ok for Mom! ;)

You got sportweight!! Heh! Gorgeous colorway!

I'll be grommeting by 11 and pics on the blog by noon at the latest!

Jessica said...

Yeah, I don't see grape vine either. It's more like citrus tree. ;) Looks nice and soft though. I have been drooling for some sock yarn lately! I think someone has socks in their future!!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Pretty colors! Looks like Ripple approves, too!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I participated in Yarn Pr0n Friday for the first time today - within the prescribed deadline, no less!

Anonymous said...

I see this yarn as more of a Pumpkin Vine, rather than Grape, but either way, it's just scrumptious.

Sarah said...

Yeah, no idea where grape vine comes in, unless it's the grape vines sans grapes as they go dormant in the fall.

But, as usual, nice pron!

sgeddes said...

Beautiful sock yarn!Love the pictures as always.

sheep#100 said...

In some of the pictures, the yarn is coordinating so well with the cat's fur on my monitor.

Rain said...

I love that yarn, it's so vibrant. Forgot to say that the socks 2 post below look fabulous, the second pattern suits the yarn much better.

Anonymous said...

Yarn and kitties. You sure know how to make a girl swoon.

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty yarn! And a kitty inspection to boot. :D

weezalana said...

Ah crap. Another covetable sock yarn to add to my favorites. You and Lime-n-Violet, are killin' me.

Love the name of it too! If you squeeze it, does wine come out? ;)

cpurl17 said...

That last shot is to die for.
And we always love when Ripple pops in!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I called it grapevine some of the names come to me as the color dries or maybe it's from what I see as I skein up the yarn.

But I'm glad that you like the colors because I've got to dye some more it it tomorrow.

Happy knitting

Dianne Lutz
Yarns Forever

Anonymous said...

Love the yarn, and the cat is equally as cute!
Your real life stalker just cracked me up. She was a good sport!
I want to see the socks. I haven't done socks yet, by choice, but I am working my way to them. I always felt like I could buy them cheaper but lately I have been feeling the urge to have my own pair of handmade socks. I guess that is how it starts, huh? I have enough addictions - yarn, fiber, dye, more fiber, spinning wheels, more fiber, etc.... I don't need another tupperware box full of sock yarn... but it is coming.. I can feel it.
Thanks
Holly

Tvini said...

Fair enough blaming me - I assumed Heather by looking at the flyer, but you know, we never even exchanged names in the store!

I put up a pic of more of her yarn today. Pretty!