Monday, January 15, 2007

In Which Prostiturtle takes out her WIPs

Well, it's been a while but I have something for the blogstalkers out there. This week, it's a WIP update. For some people it's a daunting task. I usually don't have more than 2 things on the needles but recently, I've gone a little nutty and have 5. First up, the socks. Socks In Progress 1/15/07 I have 3 socks on the needles right now. They all serve a purpose. First, the upper righthand one, is the "Whiskers and Paw Prints" socks from The Keyboard Biologist. I'm finally using some of the Koigu in my stash that I covet so and I'll tell ya, it's everything I've dreamed it to be. Me love it long time. But not quite as much, yet, as I love working with Cherry Tree Hill. That's the lower left hand one. Yes, another Embossed Leaves socks. This one is for Karen. She's my partner in the sock exchange on the knittyboards. I knew I wanted to make her the Embossed Leaves socks, so after making sure she didn't already have a pair, I had her pick some yarn out of my stash. Quite honestly, until I piled all my solids/semi-solids together, I forgot I even had this color of CTH, Emerald City. It's working up so wonderfully with this pattern. I started that Saturday Night and by last night (Sunday) I'd already finished the gusset decreases on the first sock. The third sock has been my travel knitting. Just something for me to work on in the car or at lunch. It's Knit Picks Sock Memories in "Flower Power". These will be a gift, I know to whom they will go, but not when. I can't decide whether I want to save them for a birthday gift or just send them when they're done. Bucket Bag and Muppet RaperAnyway, now we have the non-sock WIPs. A Bucket Bag and the Muppet Raper. I'm just over halfway done with the Bucket Bag. The Muppet Raper is waiting for sleeves before I can procede any further. I wish I'da done it top down but oh well. Progress is slow, but it's happening. I just got the DPNs for the sleeves this weekend. After Karen's socks are done, I'll get back to it. So, what'chy'all working on? (I just made up a new southernism!)

11 comments:

Pyewacket said...

I tremble to ask, but what the hell is a Muppet Raper?

I've complimented the Embossed Leaves socks before, but I'm still enthralled with the gorgeousness of that pattern. The Whiskers and Paw Prints is super cute too -- what great texture.

Hmmm, WIPs. Maybe if I display mine, it will inspire me to pick up some dang needles.

ZantiMissKnit said...

I want to know about the Muppet Raper too (or do I???)!!!

I think I'd pick out that yarn for the sock exchange too. Yum, yum, yum!

Anonymous said...

Wow I don't know how you keep all those projects in your head! Especially 3 socks at once! I love the yarn and pattern on both the Embossed Leaves and Whiskers and Paws. So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Muppet raper doesn't look too bad--but I will note that that's not a close up pic!

Great color for the whisker socks!

soapy said...

whats with the muppet raper?

and is this all the wips you have??? I thought'd you'd have more.....lol

I do I have to take more pictures....heehee

Jessica said...

Wow, great socks! Do you need one or two skeins of Koigu for socks? I'm telling you, the sweater is a fraggle. ;)

Anonymous said...

Pretty socks.

I am extremely curious about this Muppet Raper.

Anonymous said...

Hehe such interest in the muppet raper LOL! If they only knew! That Koigu is awesome, perfect for that pattern! As for the others, just as nice..go you! Bucket bag..hmmm interesting! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I bet a closeup of the muppet raper would be even more frightening. It looks so innocent just flopping there!

The socks are all beautiful. I'd never seen the Whiskers and Paw Prints ones before. The yarn you picked is perfect for the pattern. They're lovely, I hope you finish them soon!

Anonymous said...

OOooooooh! My socks!! :)

What the heck is a muppet raper? I'm terrified to ask.

LaBean said...

oooh Various Socks-ual positions.. I like that.. and what'chy'all? that's not new.. You just finally showed up how to SPELL it :)) weeeeeeeeeeeee