Friday, January 05, 2007

Yarn Pr0n Friday the First!

Of the year. Now, before I start with the pr0n, I want to remind everyone that even if you are participating in the knitting from the stash thing, it doesn't mean you can't do Yarn Pr0n Friday. Feel free to take new pics of yarn you've featured on friday previously, or even give us a pr0nny pic of a WIP! Let's see some stitch definition! Get arty! Don't pull out of YPF just because you've run out of new yarn to show off, that's not the point of YPF. We want to see that fiber! I want to see the halo of the fiber, the twist of the yarn, the color, in short - the DETAIL! Get creative with it! Just remember one thing, the "F" is for FRIDAY! That doesn't mean to post your pr0n at 11:59pm on Friday night. Let's have it out there before the workday is over folks. I prefer the A.M., but we're all human. I just want to know that y'all are making an effort to participate every friday. Now, onto the pr0n. Rosi G RAKI'm a lucky girl. For some reason, people that have never met me care enough to send me stuff just to brighten my day. Like Rosi.G. Look what I got this week. That's two giant cakes of soap (they smell fabulous, don't know what "flavor" they are though.) And a mini sock blocker keychain! And a pattern to make a sock to slip onto it! I've always wanted one of these so I am so freakin' excited over this it's rather silly actually. I have plans for a bunch of tiny socks to change with the seasons or something equally silly. But that wasn't all. Check this out. (Yes, more office pr0n with parking lot pr0n following.) Cascade Pima Tencel #1353 5 3 skeins of Cascade Pima Tencel! Cascade Pima Tencel #1353 2 Cascade Pima Tencel #1353 6 The color number is 1353. It's a delicate lilac color. I have no idea what to do with it but I can't help but think of maybe some knitted toys out of it. Like a bunny or something. It's so soft! Rosi is the best! Go over to her blog and tell her I said so.

8 comments:

Bezzie said...

I was starting to get worried when I had to wait until 1:00 p.m. CST to see your pron. My god, I think I'm a yarn pron addict!

And of course I love it--seriously, Pima cotton--what's not to love???

P.S. You'll have to see if Rosi's soap passes the Ripple Lick Test.

Anonymous said...

Hee! The teeny sock blocker keychain is TOO CUTE!

And I swear I could almost pet that yarn right through the screen. You can SEE the softness! (Now THAT's some good pr0n!)

Jessica said...

Ooh la la I love your sock key chain! You should have your dad cut some to make your own. Then you could knit socks onto them and give them as gifts!

I love that yarn color. It almost looks like a slate on my computer. It would make a great bunny!

Helen said...

that's great yarn. i have pink. a scarf WIP. it'll never get done..lazy me!

Jen said...

Fabulous!

Zonda said...

That is awesome! scratch, scratch..hehe.. it's so soft too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pep talk, I was thinking of dropping out of YPF, but now I'm back in! As always, great pr0n!

Rain said...

Hee hee, can't wait to see your ickle sock!

The yarn is lovely.