Saturday, February 11, 2006

Booga Bag is Blocking!

Yay for alliteration! I had a great time hanging out yesterday after work at my LYS just sitting and knitting my Jaywalkers: with Remi. She told me about this new program she came up with for their customers. They have so many coming in to show off what they've done, that they decided to give a 10% discount to the customers that let them display their finished objects made with yarn purchased there and an easily accessable pattern. She asked if I would display something (since I'm such a new knitter yet so accomplished - it encourages other new knitters to try new things too!). I was so flattered! I offered my entrelac scarf that I made back in October. It was the 2nd object I had made by following a pattern, and my 4th project overall. I brought it in today, Remi took my picture modeling it, and is setting it up for display! Wow! And while I was there today, we felted my Booga Bag. Dummy me forgot to take the usual pre-felting pic, so I'll remind you what it looked like before with a pic of it in progress: I used Cascade 220, and modified the pattern by casting on 50 stitches instead of 34, and knitting 50 rows for the base instead of 34. The height was 96 rows instead of 64. Here's the felted bag blocking. It turned out so well! Now I know that you have to do more than one row of a color for it to really show, but the effect is still really cool. They want to display this too! Yay!

5 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ohhhh....that Booga is well, boogalicious! I love the purple, and the way it felted is gorgeous!!!!

Rain said...

The booga looks fab. I love the way it's felted.

The jaywalker is coming along well too.

Great stuff on the photos in your LYS, that's really cool.

Zonda said...

Awesome girl, just awesome! Nice bag and sock!

Plus a discount to display your items! Woot!

Pyewacket said...

GET OUT!! That is so cool that the LYS wants to display your work. I wouldn't be able to squeeze my ego back out the door. ;)

Hey, are you doing magic loop on those socks? How are you going to pick up the gusset? nosy nosy nosy....

mumblingmonkey said...

Beautiful jaywalkers! I like the yarn you chose.