Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Knitting is Magic

Magic, I say! Lookee: Meet Odessa. Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful? Guess what yarn that is? Betcha can't guess. It's the Ghetto Knitter in me showing her cards is what it is. That yarn is Red Heart Soft Baby. You know what it used to be? Nasty-old-lady's-Clapotis. Now it's something pretty, for me. And it's getting gauge! Yay! You know what else is getting gauge? The Jaywalkers. You know what barely fits on my foot? The Jaywalkers. You know why? Because I'm an idiot and didn't bother measuring my ankle. I'm going to wash it after I'm done the one to see if maybe it'll loosen up a bit. If not, well, my sister is going to have some pretty snappy looking socks. In dishcloth news, I finished up a couple over the weekend. If you care, here's the most recent one as shown in the latest Creative Knitting magazine. I brought the Booga Bag in the my LYS today. It's not being displayed, but that's ok. They're displaying my scarf - with my picture up next to it and everything! Maybe they forgot about saying they wanted to display it, but I'm fine with it not being shown anyway. I want to use it! I bought some more Cascade 220 while I was there in fun Lime, Teal and Dark Pink colors. Just you wait for the latest felted bag creation! You know, I keep calling it a Booga Bag, but after all the modifications I made to it (Width, height, grommits, yarn, use of yarn) it's really my own. This next one, I have something lurking in the back of my head for a new unique pattern. We'll see.

3 comments:

Zonda said...

mmm your new bag sounds great! Sorry to hear bout your jaywalkers. and WAAAA everyone is gonna get their odessa done before I can think of casting on. BTW it looks lovely in that color! Glad it is working out.

Rain said...

Ooo, great hat, a much more worthy use.

It's a shame about your jaywallkers, but if they won't fit I'm sure your sister will love them.

Knittypants said...

The new hat is looking good. The Odessa is such a cute pattern. Your new bag sounds like it will be great.