Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Clapotis, I Wash My Hands of Thee.

See that over in the sidebar? Clapotis is gone. Nope, didn't finish it. I'm not going to. Not with the yarn I started with, nor for the person I started it for. That project is dead to me. I didn't particularly care for the person I was making it for, and that person's son is no longer a friend anyway. Again. This guy has, for the millionth time, come to the realization that there's no way in hell there will be a romantic relationship between us. He's got kids older than me. Seriously, what was he thinking? I've always been up front with him, and always treated him as a friend. Nothing more. Now that friend is gone. But, oh well. We move on. And I had grown to hate that Clapotis anyway. Now I can knit it out of a yarn that I like, and know that it's for me. I just might finish it that way. In other project news, my Booga Bag is shaping up. I'm making it bigger than the pattern calls for (50 stitches instead of 34) and, using Cascade 220, I'm doing a random stripe pattern. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Using algebra (my 8th grade teacher would be so proud) I've determined that means I need to knit it 94 rows tall to maintain proportions. Let's see how that works out. I hope to be done this weekend. As for My So-Called Scarf I do believe that's going to be an ongoing project for a while. I'm not aiming to finish it until next winter. I do a couple rows here and there, and put it back down. I'm using wooden needles, and I think that's slowing me down. The yarn is Lionbrand Landscapes, and I'm thinking it'll be much easier on metal needles. But, I really wanted to use my wooden needles for something. Dammit. I guess this means I need to switch. Maybe then I can get it done a bit quicker. I'm not really worried about it though. It's for my Arizona-bound sister so I know she won't care if she doesn't get it until Christmas. Next to go on the needles? Care to guess? If you guessed "another pair of socks", you're a winner! Yay! And what do you win, you ask? How about a cute pic of the fuzzy butts:

5 comments:

Knittypants said...

I think you have a sound plan, if you are going to make a clapotis (or any project) make it in a yarn you love and enjoy it all for yourself! (Can you tell I am still sick of Christmas knitting) I found the So Called Scarf to be a bit of a slow knit, too, and I was knitting on my addis. Looking forward to the socks.

Rain said...

Your Booga Bag looks cool so far.

Cam't say I blame you on the Clap, life is too short to knit for people you're not keen on.

Zonda said...

I love your colors for your Booga bag! Cool! Can't wait to see it felted...oh yeah and your new socks! :)

Pyewacket said...

Those are some comfy-looking cats. Life is too short to knit something aggravating, no matter why it aggravates you. ;-) Good for you for knowing your own mind and not caving "just to be nice." I know women who should take lessons from you!

Breathlessly awaiting new sock pictures...

turtlegirl76 said...

Zonda - you should see how the stripe pattern progressed last night. I'm very excited about it. It's looking great!

And Areli, Rain and Pye - you're so right. Life is too short and screw the scrooges. You know what cheeses me off though? I spent nearly a month knitting that damn Irish Hiking Scarf for that ass.