Monday, December 19, 2005

Bobblicious is done!

I finished it with only half an hour to spare. The seams look kinda crappy, but that's ok because I looked and looked for a good way to join reverse stockinette and couldn't find it and winged it. I got a ton of compliments on it and plenty of requests for the pattern. One lady at the party even said she'd pay $300 for it in a boutique and that I should sell them! Ha! I say, "Learn to knit". But hey, it felt great. Even the experienced knitter's there were amazed I did it in a little less than a week. I'm so glad I didn't end up meeting my friend for lunch saturday because I wouldn't have finished it if we did. Yay! I can't wait to make another one, this time I'll do the arms in the round and instead of bobbles, I'll do loops. And I only used 4 skeins instead of the 5 the pattern called for. Probably because I did the russian join to connect new skeins. But also, I think the pattern writer included an extra row of bobbles in hers that weren't written into the pattern. Oh well.

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Wow! Looks great. :-)

Rain said...

It looks great. You must have been knitting up a storm to get it done so quickly.

Infamous Angel said...

What fun! and, by the way, I love your new picture! Send me one for my website???

puhleeze?

mizm

Dood said...

wow...love all your handiwork.
where'd you find the Bobblicious?
can you share where?

turtlegirl76 said...

The Bobblicious is a free pattern from knitty.com. You can find it here:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTbobblicious.html

And thank you =) I'm very proud of how far I've come in just a couple months.