Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bow-Chicka-Bow-Bow Yarn Pr0n

OK, have I got pics for you today! The first is my latest dishcloth being modeled saddle style by the lovely Morris. Doesn't it figure that the best pic is the one with his eyes closed? tsh tsk, bad model. I get to keep this one. The next is the enhancement to my stash that I brought back from NY with me. Note the wonder that is the space bag. Before: After: My space bag spilleth over. Here's a close-up of the 2 dozen (!) skeins of Lion Jiffy my mother gave me. It was at one time intended to be an afghan. I don't do afghans. So now I have to figure out what to make with all this yarn. Might be good for a practice sweater, or 4. This is the awesome yarn that came with the white cabled knitting bag my sister got me from Anthropologie. It came with a scarf pattern, but I'm not sure that's what I want to do with this. So many possibilities... And this is some of the other yarn that was magically sucked into that space bag as well. This brings it to 36 skeins in one bag! I have to say, Joann's has some really nice, yummy yarn. I wish I had a Joann's here in Charlotte rather than Michaels. The selection is so much better, even for a craft store in a bumfuck north, left of the middle of nowhere town, it's a better selection than all the Michaels here in Charlotte combined. And that wasn't all, there's the yarn for the Voodoo wristwarmers I started while home: The yarn for the Holey Moley Scarf I picked up for $2 a skein: And finally, the yarn I treated myself to last night while visiting my favorite LYS, Charlotte Yarn. The Lamb's Pride will be for a pair of Fuzzy Feet. The Anny Blatt was on sale, 40% off, so I thought it might be a good yarn for a first pair of socks after trying out the fuzzy feet. The lavendar stuff in front is cotton chenille and will be for a flower facecloth from Weekend Knitting. And then I had to add on to my double pointed needle collection. I really enjoy working with them, I thought it would be hard, but it's very satisfying. So, there we are! Please, if you have any suggestions for the Lion Jiffy, please, please, please let me know.

1 comment:

Rain said...

You have some gorgeous yarn, I can't wait to see it knitted up.

Happy New Year! Hope it's a good one.