Thursday, December 15, 2005

I scream, You scream, we all scream for...ice?

All day yesterday all you'd hear on the news is that there was ice on the way. A couple years ago we had a pretty bad ice storm that basically shut down the city for a couple days. So it's understood that they'd warn us all about the potential for another one. I didn't think much of it though, watching the news. It didn't look like my area where I live and work would be terribly affected. And when I woke up and looked out at the dark parking lot, I could see it was raining and I saw puddles on the asphalt, so I thought there was no ice. Then I walked outside to get in my car to leave. Boy was I wrong. My car was covered in a sheet of ice. It took me 20 minutes just to defrost the windshield enough to be able to scrape off the layer of ice. The drive was fine though. I don't cross any bridges or overpasses so it wasn't a problem. There were accidents all over the city though. On another note, I gave Jimmy his scarf last night (figuring he might need it today) and it ended up just the right length. He's happy, and I'm happy. Whee! I also finally put up my dinky tree last night (pics later) even though I'll only enjoy it a week before I leave for NY. But it's nice to be in the spirit and not look like a scrooge. Bobblicious is coming along nicely. I've just started the 3rd of 6 skeins of yarn. After I fringe the HP scarf tonight, I hope to get a lot more of it done. Saturday is approaching quickly! And hey, check out my new sleek blogger template. Like it?

No comments: